It’s that time of year when we say “goodbye” to Summer and set our sights on Fall - and going back to school. This means fresh pages in the notebook, new goals, and big plans. Whether you are a teacher or a student, be intentional about making this school year successful. We have the must-have items that will make your back-to-school routine more comfortable with the support only Copper Fit can provide.
Teachers: Five Tips For Your Best Year Yet!
- Keep your energy up with a healthy food plan. This year, make a plan for healthy eating. Teaching can be physically and mentally exhausting, and grabbing that bday cookie is easy when there is a temptation in the break room. Sticking to a healthy diet is hard, but it can be done! Decide now to meal prep on Sunday and set yourself up for success all week. Apps like Intent help create weekly meal plans based on your favorite foods and health goals. Better yet, the support of a group makes all the difference. Studies show that people lose more weight in a community than trying to lose weight alone. Get some colleagues together to share recipes and even divvy up the work. Rotate lunch meal prep, and take turns bringing everyone a healthy lunch.
- Happy Feet, Happy Teacher. Foot pain and discomfort can lead to an abnormal stride, and the misalignment can lead to problems throughout the body - aches and pains that can steal the joy from the job. Keep feet and the rest of the body happy with Copper Fit Arch Relief Plus, an adjustable band with a built-in adaptive arch orthotic. They are designed to provide support and relief for the feet - especially if you suffer from fallen arches, flat feet, or plantar fasciitis.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Connect with your colleagues and seek support when you need it. Find other teachers you work well with, split tasks, and share lesson plans. Getting to know your co-workers at break times will increase job satisfaction. Everyone needs a support system!
- Make your day enjoyable. Incorporate fun activities into your teaching which make you and your students laugh! It will keep your students more engaged as well. Try fun theme days or weekly class “talent shows.” Bring hobbies YOU love into the classroom. Teach the class to knit, paint pottery, or fly a kite.
- Don’t settle for pain. The many daily tasks of a teacher can take a toll on the body. Don’t let carpal tunnel or arthritis pain creep up on you. Start the year off with the support you need. Copper Fit Hand Relief Compression Gloves can help get you through the day and provide more power and confidence in your everyday tasks by providing support, relief, and recovery from sore muscles and painful joint stiffness in your wrists, palms, and fingers.
Students: Five Tips for Your Best Year Yet!
- Make a sleep plan, and stick to it! Say bye-bye to late summer nights and sleeping in. Adjust your body clock for success this school year. Sleep is one of the most crucial components for good overall health - and a sharp brain! Stick to a bedtime, find a bedtime ritual, create a relaxed, dark environment, and turn off the screens at least an hour before bedtime.
- Don’t settle for “tech neck.” Tech neck stresses your neck and spine from hanging your head down looking at the phone or computer. Did you know that for every inch you stick your head out, you add 10 pounds of weight carried down through your spine? Focus on posture and make sure you have a workstation that allows you to look forward at your screen. Keep tension headaches and achy necks at bay with Copper Fit’s Rapid Relief Neck & Shoulder Wrap. It provides cold and heat therapy to reduce inflammation and pain while you work. You can use it to apply a cold compress to reduce pain and inflammation or a warm compress to help relax tense neck muscles. Quickly cool it in the freezer for ice therapy or the microwave for relaxing heat.
- Create a homework and study space. Whether at college or living at home, set yourself up for success with your own quiet study space. And this doesn’t mean the coffee table in front of the TV! It needs to be distraction-free so you can focus. And very importantly, an ergonomically correct workplace means your body stays in alignment, reducing fatigue and stress on the body.
- Your feet should rest on the floor or a footrest.
- The backrest of your chair should support your low and mid-back.
- Ankles should be in front of the knees (don’t cross your legs!)
- Keep a small gap between the front of the chair and the back of the knees.
- Keep your knees at or below the level of your hips.
- The forearms should be parallel to the ground.
- Keep your shoulders back and relaxed.
Copper Fit Tip: Try back stabilizing support with Copper Fit’s Advanced Back Pro if you have difficulty keeping your posture correct. The compression technology helps improve blood flow to the lower back and can also help reduce inflammation!
- Ask for help. Are you struggling in a class right off the bat? Talk to your teacher, drop in on a tutoring service on campus, or contact an academic counselor. Don’t wait - seek support when needed. Remember, everyone needs help at some point. You are not alone.
- Time management is key! Learn how to use a digital calendar or planner to keep track of assignments, important dates, and deadlines. You can block off time for personal goals like workouts too. Learning to become efficient with time will serve you well for the rest of your life!
Whether you are a teacher or a student this school year, be intentional with your plan to make this year a success. Focus on what you need to be your most productive, healthiest, vibrant self. Copper Fit products will help keep you comfortable and energized wherever the day takes you.